IPL 2018 is approaching us in a fast pace and we are all excited because it brings happiness, excitement and adrenaline rush along with it. You can watch the ipl matches via ipl live streaming in Hotstar. The first match will be played between MI vs CSK on April 7 at 8 pm. All types of IPL games are already in the market for the fans. Earlier today the official IPL Fantasy cricket game was launched. IPL fantasy cricket game is superior to other Android, iOS and computer IPL games out there as it deals with the real-life situations. Like it allows the players to really get into the game, you pick a squad of players who gather points which are based on their performance in real life.
The awards provided by the IPL website are also good like signed products and merchandises from some of the best players in the IPL. But playing fantasy cricket isn’t exactly a piece of cake because in the beginning with a tight budget. It is not like you can select all the best players in the world for your team in a go and you have to made some wise and brave decisions at the same time. As the game has been launched and people already have started to build their teams for the competition we share with you our top 5 tips to make you ready for this IPL fantasy league.
IPL Fantasy Leagues 2018 Full Details
IPL Fantasy League 2018 Details Step by Step follow the details till the end.
IPL Fantasy League 2018 How to Register
If you are looking for fantasy league 2018 registration, so here we want to inform you that the fantasy league has not started yet. Whenever it will start we will provide you all the registration details soon here. Stay here for the IPL Fantasy League 2018.
IPL Fantasy League 2018 Rules
Batsmen: Four or five.
All-Rounders: At least one.
Wicketkeeper: Exactly one (you can pick variable-role wicketkeepers as batsmen).
Bowlers: At least two.
Overseas Limit: You can pick a maximum of four overseas players in your squad.
Uncapped Quota: Your squad must have at least one uncapped player. An uncapped player is an Indian cricketer who has not played in any ODIs, Tests or T20 Internationals.
Franchise Spread: You can pick a maximum of six players from a single IPL Team.
Note: these IPL fantasy rules are the previous edition of IPL. if there is any change in the rules in IPL 2018 we will update you on our site. so stay tuned here.
IPL Fantasy League 2018 – Point System
- Base Points: 1 point per run.
- Strike Rate Points: Points equal to the number of runs scored minus number of balls faced. In case the number of balls faced exceeds the number of runs scored, such number of points shall be deducted as is equal to the difference.
- Milestone Bonus: 10 points for scoring 25 runs; 10 more points for reaching 50 runs, and 10 more points thereafter for each additional score of 25 runs.
- Impact Points: 2 points for every six; -5 (5 point deduction) for getting out for a duck.
- Base Points: 20 points per wicket taken.
- Economy Rate Points: If the result of the following equation is positive, the points will be the figure arrived at multiplied by 2: (Balls Bowled x 1.5) – Runs Conceded.
- Milestone Points: 10 points for taking 2 wickets, 10 more points for a 3rd wicket and 10 more points for every wicket thereafter.
- Impact Points: 1 point per dot ball bowled. 20 points for each maiden over bowled.
- 10 points for each catch resulting in a fall of the wicket.
- 15 points for each stumping resulting in a fall of the wicket.
- 10 points for a run-out (to each player involved in the run out).
- 15 points for a run-out due to a direct hit.
- 25 points for being declared the official player of the match.
- 5 points to each player in the winning IPL franchisee in case of a victory, in all matches other than in the Eliminator, Qualifier or Final of the IPL
- All points attributed to a virtual player, and thereby added to the accumulated points tally of a virtual squad, shall be doubled in the case and while such player is declared by the user of that virtual squad as the ‘Power Player’ of such squad.
IPL Fantasy League 2018 – Top 5 Tips
It is very important to ensure not to get carried away with the prospect of scoring big in the early stage of the tournament. One has observed certain patterns and tactics. Down below we share with you our top 5 tips to make you ready for this IPL fantasy league.
1. Pick your Squad according to the Pitch-condition
Select your bowlers/batsmen who are known to excel on the pitch conditions of the match/series. The best way to do this is to go back to the recent series and see how the players performed. You can easily get the player statistics from there like who was the highest run scorer and the leading wicket-taker, players with the best average and strike rate and players with most catches in the previous editions of the tournament.From here you will get to know who’ doing great and will fit in the respective category and pick the players on the basis of those performances. For example, An all-rounder on the top 10 list of highest run scorer and most wicket takers and on the top 5 or top 10 of most catches list will be considered as a great choice and will help you to win. You can also check out the first match prediction between Mi and Csk here.
2. Pick as many Quality all-rounders as you can
All-rounders are the key to win a cricket match and same goes for the fantasy cricket. A player like Andre Russell who can hit a ball outta stadium and can bowl a few overs and pick wickets every match, then you probably will gather more points. Moreover, while there are only set spots for your all-rounders, you can also look at batsmen who bowl part-time spin, like Kedar Jadhav. And also while picking your bowlers, take into consideration their batting ability as well. A spinner like Harbhajan and a seamer like Mitchell Starc will be good choices, for not only they are talented bowlers but also turn into big hitters situation accordingly. These type of players will surely maximize your points.
3. Make your Power Player a Bowler
In IPL Fantasy League, you have to select a power player who scores double points. For IPL 2018, a second innings power player is also introduced. You choose the power player before the match starts and he will score points in the second innings alone. And since you have no idea who will be batting or bowling in the second innings, an all-rounder power player will be a good choice. For the opening match, someone like Shane Watson would make the ideal second innings power player.
However, your main power player should be a bowler for long-term consistency. Let’s say if a batsman fails then you have a wasted power player but with a bowler, there is always a chance that they can pick up a wicket in later stages of the innings, especially at the death overs. Batsmen do not get a second chance like bowlers do. Hence, making a bowler your power player, is a great move and will help you gather big points.
Knowledge of everyone and everything about IPL will play the prominent role in deciding your future in the fantasy league. You should be aware of the latest news. Just keep visiting our blog www.iplliveupdates.com for all the latest updates on the IPL 2018. Do not waste money on the players that are unavailable and are yet to arrive in the country or even on the injury-prone players as they are likely to drop in the later parts of the tournament. However, if the player is a quality player, and an alternative would be to pick the player early if you know that he would be available in a couple of days and would feature in the playing XI regularly.
5. Pick some outsiders
Everyone wants to pick the best for their teams. Like Virat Kohli, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Ben Stokes and why not? They are great, Right? But at the same time, they are really expensive as well. So it is always wise to choose some cheap players who can perform efficiently and can back you up.
In this game of unpredictability, it is never certain who is going to be the top performer and every now and then young local Indian talents managed to impress everyone with the breakthrough seasons. If you manage to pick someone who is not the most remarkable player right now but will perform brilliantly in the further stages of the tournament, you will gain a huge advantage over your competitor.
So, these are some of the best ways to ensure the maximum possibility of success in the IPL fantasy league. Make sure you stay tuned and keep visiting us for all the latest ipl fantasy league updates, ipl live streaming and everything about the upcoming eleventh edition of the IPL. IPL 11 is starting on 7 april and the IPL 2018 opening ceremony will be conducted just before that. If you have any query related to the anything about the IPL 2018, just leave a comment on the comment section and we will get right back to you.